Sunday, February 5, 2012

CR△ZY SEXY DIET

Today marked the first official day of the crazy sexy diet! My roomie and I are taking on the challenge. No gluten, no meat or dairy, nothing too processed, no coffee. No coffee?! Hmm, maybe I'm not so sure about this...




We started the day off right with some green juice: cucumber, kale, ginger, apples, lemon. So addicting! For lunch we made salads with tons of mixed greens, black beans, roasted sweet potatoes, mushrooms, raisins, sunflower seeds... The list goes on. For dinner we basically had the same thing as for lunch, by this time wrapped in gluten-free pitas with some hummus! Yum!


While all of our friends were eating chips and dip during the Super Bowl, we decided to make our own Larabars! Success!!! They were so easy to make and tasted fantastic! Here's the recipe we used:


1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup dates
2 T cacao
1 pinch of salt


We put all of the ingredients in my not-so-powerful blender for several minutes, shaped the stuff into little bars, and then stuck 'em in the fridge! Super easy. Even in a college dorm room.


Live simply,
Daphne

3 comments:

  1. Hi instagram friend! I thought I'd check out your site and lo and behold the first words I see... happen to be the very book I picked up today at the library! I finally came up on the 'hold' list. Cheers to fermentation fun and good books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go on that diet! It sounds so delicious! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete